UFO spotted in US after Russian meteor strike
New York: After the recent meteor strike in Russia, two Grants Pass residents have revealed that they witnessed an unidentified flying object hovering over the Southern Oregon night sky.
Heather Scherffius and Gregory Soldner recorded the UFO sighting on camera and claimed what they saw was not an asteroid or a meteor.
According to the two witnesses, they just happened to be outside of their home at about 10:30 pm when the UFO appeared, International Business Times reported.
"At first I was like what`s wrong with that star? I thought, whoa, that`s kind of trippy. So I went to get him and he`s like whoa! What is that? And it started moving," Scherffius said.
Soldner said that it looked like a metal disk of some sort, but he wasn`t sure.
He added that the way it moved was weird.
The pair further added that the UFO remained in one spot for more than a few minutes even making a couple of irregular space movements.
"It moved up and down, back to one spot and then zigzaged a bit. It was there like 20-30 minutes and then it was just gone!" they said.
In the original video footage, it is difficult to determine what is being recorded. NBC 5 used a special filter to the video in order to make lighting more visible and the UFO clearly seen over the Grant Pass night sky last February 15, 2013.
NBC contacted the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) upon hearing the UFO encounter to inquire if there were any other UFO sightings reported that day or if they were aircrafts flying over Grants Pass at that time.
An unnamed FAA staff confirmed that there are only few UFO reports in the area but they will conduct an investigation on the object spotted in Grants Pass and perhaps further determine if there is any relation to the Russia meteor blast that occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi