UFO spotted in US after Russian meteor strike
New York: After the recent meteor strike in Russia, two Grants Pass residents have revealed that they witnessed an unidentified flying object hovering over the Southern Oregon night sky.
Heather Scherffius and Gregory Soldner recorded the UFO sighting on camera and claimed what they saw was not an asteroid or a meteor.
According to the two witnesses, they just happened to be outside of their home at about 10:30 pm when the UFO appeared, International Business Times reported.
"At first I was like what`s wrong with that star? I thought, whoa, that`s kind of trippy. So I went to get him and he`s like whoa! What is that? And it started moving," Scherffius said.
Soldner said that it looked like a metal disk of some sort, but he wasn`t sure.
He added that the way it moved was weird.
The pair further added that the UFO remained in one spot for more than a few minutes even making a couple of irregular space movements.
"It moved up and down, back to one spot and then zigzaged a bit. It was there like 20-30 minutes and then it was just gone!" they said.
In the original video footage, it is difficult to determine what is being recorded. NBC 5 used a special filter to the video in order to make lighting more visible and the UFO clearly seen over the Grant Pass night sky last February 15, 2013.
NBC contacted the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) upon hearing the UFO encounter to inquire if there were any other UFO sightings reported that day or if they were aircrafts flying over Grants Pass at that time.
An unnamed FAA staff confirmed that there are only few UFO reports in the area but they will conduct an investigation on the object spotted in Grants Pass and perhaps further determine if there is any relation to the Russia meteor blast that occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25