Watch NASA launch the new ` Low Density Supersonic Flying Saucer`
Zee Media Bureau
London: To protect its spacecraft during landings in space, NASA has reportedly launched a Low Density Supersonic Decelerator.
NASA has released a video of the saucer. In the video, the device is being propelled 120,000ft into orbit by a giant balloon, imitating the rapid inflation technique of the Hawaiian puffer fish.
The researchers are hopeful that this new technique will reduce the speed of spacecraft on landings, making it easier for NASA to land craft on planets like Mars and also assist in its future missions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases