Watch NASA launch the new ` Low Density Supersonic Flying Saucer`
Zee Media Bureau
London: To protect its spacecraft during landings in space, NASA has reportedly launched a Low Density Supersonic Decelerator.
NASA has released a video of the saucer. In the video, the device is being propelled 120,000ft into orbit by a giant balloon, imitating the rapid inflation technique of the Hawaiian puffer fish.
The researchers are hopeful that this new technique will reduce the speed of spacecraft on landings, making it easier for NASA to land craft on planets like Mars and also assist in its future missions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?