Watch NASA launch the new ` Low Density Supersonic Flying Saucer`
Zee Media Bureau
London: To protect its spacecraft during landings in space, NASA has reportedly launched a Low Density Supersonic Decelerator.
NASA has released a video of the saucer. In the video, the device is being propelled 120,000ft into orbit by a giant balloon, imitating the rapid inflation technique of the Hawaiian puffer fish.
The researchers are hopeful that this new technique will reduce the speed of spacecraft on landings, making it easier for NASA to land craft on planets like Mars and also assist in its future missions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof