28 detained TN fishermen reach Nagapattinam
Nagapattinam: Twenty-eight Tamil Nadu fishermen, who were let-off with a warning after being detained by Sri Lankan Naval personnel on charge of entering the island waters in the Palk Strait, reached here on Sunday.
The fishermen had gone for deep sea fishing on August 29 and drifted towards Lankan waters on September 1 due to strong winds.
Sri Lankan Navy reportedly intercepted them near Kankesanthurai port and detained them. Though the fishermen said they were fishing in Indian waters only, the Lankan navalmen told them that they had intruded into their territory.
After issuing a stern warning, Lankan personnel released the fishermen who reached here early morning, officials rpt officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III