Acute power crisis in TN to end completely in 2013: Jaya
Chennai: Placing her bets on ongoing power projects, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today said the acute power crisis in Tamil Nadu would end completely in 2013 with an addition of over 4,000 MW.
With the state reeling under severe power crisis, she blamed the previous DMK Government and Congress led UPA at the Centre for the power shortage.
Making a detailed statement in the assembly after the opposition raised the matter, she said Tamil Nadu would manage over 4300 MW by the end of 2013, thus tiding over the demand supply gap of 4000 MW and that her government was in the process of taking up power projects totalling over 5,000 MW.
Jayalalithaa said power projects, including at Vallur, North Chennai and Tuticorin, would go a long way in augmenting existing power capacity.
She also placed her bets on 925 MW from Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project, besides another 230 MW from Neyveli Lignite Corporation`s expanded project and said the impact of power cut would start decreasing from 2013 and there would be no power cut from the end of that year.
She reiterated the previous DMK government had done little to increase installed capacity while the Centre had not heeded her demand to supply electricity to meet its power deficit, including re-allocating the entire 1721 MW surrendered by the Delhi government, forcing Tamil Nadu to move the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'