Acute power crisis in TN to end completely in 2013: Jaya
Chennai: Placing her bets on ongoing power projects, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today said the acute power crisis in Tamil Nadu would end completely in 2013 with an addition of over 4,000 MW.
With the state reeling under severe power crisis, she blamed the previous DMK Government and Congress led UPA at the Centre for the power shortage.
Making a detailed statement in the assembly after the opposition raised the matter, she said Tamil Nadu would manage over 4300 MW by the end of 2013, thus tiding over the demand supply gap of 4000 MW and that her government was in the process of taking up power projects totalling over 5,000 MW.
Jayalalithaa said power projects, including at Vallur, North Chennai and Tuticorin, would go a long way in augmenting existing power capacity.
She also placed her bets on 925 MW from Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project, besides another 230 MW from Neyveli Lignite Corporation`s expanded project and said the impact of power cut would start decreasing from 2013 and there would be no power cut from the end of that year.
She reiterated the previous DMK government had done little to increase installed capacity while the Centre had not heeded her demand to supply electricity to meet its power deficit, including re-allocating the entire 1721 MW surrendered by the Delhi government, forcing Tamil Nadu to move the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday