Acute power crisis in TN to end completely in 2013: Jaya
Chennai: Placing her bets on ongoing power projects, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today said the acute power crisis in Tamil Nadu would end completely in 2013 with an addition of over 4,000 MW.
With the state reeling under severe power crisis, she blamed the previous DMK Government and Congress led UPA at the Centre for the power shortage.
Making a detailed statement in the assembly after the opposition raised the matter, she said Tamil Nadu would manage over 4300 MW by the end of 2013, thus tiding over the demand supply gap of 4000 MW and that her government was in the process of taking up power projects totalling over 5,000 MW.
Jayalalithaa said power projects, including at Vallur, North Chennai and Tuticorin, would go a long way in augmenting existing power capacity.
She also placed her bets on 925 MW from Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project, besides another 230 MW from Neyveli Lignite Corporation`s expanded project and said the impact of power cut would start decreasing from 2013 and there would be no power cut from the end of that year.
She reiterated the previous DMK government had done little to increase installed capacity while the Centre had not heeded her demand to supply electricity to meet its power deficit, including re-allocating the entire 1721 MW surrendered by the Delhi government, forcing Tamil Nadu to move the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video