Air hostess death: Amusement park owners missing
Chennai: A day after three people were arrested in connection with the death of a 20-year-old air hostess at an amusement park, a report on Wednesday said that owners of the EVP World Theme park are missing.
On Tuesday, F Afia Magh, an air hostess working with Kingfisher Airlines, was killed in a freak accident during an adventure ride at EVP World theme park on the outskirts of Chennai, police said.
The victim, a native of Kohima in Nagaland, suffered head injuries when she was thrown off while taking a ride on the `Giant Wheel`, police said.
The cause of death was being probed, police said. Three people, including the amusement park`s facility manager and operator of the ride, have been arrested.
According to NDTV, a news channel, the safety belt worn by Afia had come off, which led to her being thrown off the giant wheel.
She was rushed to a private hospital nearby where she was pronounced dead.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH