Air hostess death: Amusement park owners missing
Chennai: A day after three people were arrested in connection with the death of a 20-year-old air hostess at an amusement park, a report on Wednesday said that owners of the EVP World Theme park are missing.
On Tuesday, F Afia Magh, an air hostess working with Kingfisher Airlines, was killed in a freak accident during an adventure ride at EVP World theme park on the outskirts of Chennai, police said.
The victim, a native of Kohima in Nagaland, suffered head injuries when she was thrown off while taking a ride on the `Giant Wheel`, police said.
The cause of death was being probed, police said. Three people, including the amusement park`s facility manager and operator of the ride, have been arrested.
According to NDTV, a news channel, the safety belt worn by Afia had come off, which led to her being thrown off the giant wheel.
She was rushed to a private hospital nearby where she was pronounced dead.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamil Nadu CM thanks Rawat for taking steps to install poet's statue
- India's tour to West Indies: Shikhar Dhawan hails Virat Kohli's backing, says it feels good to bat with him
- SC tells Centre to take over Adarsh housing society in Mumbai before August 5, stays demolition plan
- US report on Chinese Muslims joining ISIS 'groundless': Media
- Kriti Sanon to star opposite Farhan Akhtar in 'Lucknow Central'