ATM security guard murdered; cash stolen
Madurai: An ATM security guard was murdered by some persons, who also damaged the machine and decamped with the cash at Thanichiam in this district early Thursday, police said.
Security personnel had visited the SBI ATM at 2 AM for inspection, affixed their signatures at the security check ledger and also took the signature of the guard. The theft had occurred later, they said.
Police said the exact amount of cash stolen and the number of gang members involved would be known after investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information