Bangalore blast: Three people arrested in Chennai
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Days after a bomb blast near the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) office here left 16 injured, three people have been arrested in Chennai for their alleged involvement in the bombing.
According to reports coming in, police arrested Peer Mohideen and Basheer hailing from Tirunelveli from a lodge in Chennai late on Monday night. Third accused, Kitchen Buhari, was arrested from Madurai.
Top police sources revealed the adding the trio facilitated the blast while the main culprits were still at large.
The operation to nab the accused was conducted by the Bangalore Police with the assistance of their Tamil Nadu counterparts.
Four men were recently detained in Kerala for their alleged involvement in the case.
The arrested are being taken to Bangalore for further investigation, sources said.
Last week, the Karnataka government had even announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh to anyone providing credible information on the blast, which took place on April 17.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row