Coimbatore: Rs 89 lakh seized from train passenger
Coimbatore: An amount of about Rs 89 lakh was seized from a passenger from the Intercity Express, who alighted at the station here today, police said.
Suspecting the movement of the man, coming from Dharmapuri, Railway police checked him and found the cash in his bag.
Though he told police the money was meant for buying gold ornaments for a jeweller in Dharmapuri, the money was handed over to the Income Tax department, for want of documents, police said.
The youth was told he could take the money after producing valid documents, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan