Coimbatore: Rs 89 lakh seized from train passenger
Coimbatore: An amount of about Rs 89 lakh was seized from a passenger from the Intercity Express, who alighted at the station here today, police said.
Suspecting the movement of the man, coming from Dharmapuri, Railway police checked him and found the cash in his bag.
Though he told police the money was meant for buying gold ornaments for a jeweller in Dharmapuri, the money was handed over to the Income Tax department, for want of documents, police said.
The youth was told he could take the money after producing valid documents, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon