Coimbatore: Rs 89 lakh seized from train passenger
Coimbatore: An amount of about Rs 89 lakh was seized from a passenger from the Intercity Express, who alighted at the station here today, police said.
Suspecting the movement of the man, coming from Dharmapuri, Railway police checked him and found the cash in his bag.
Though he told police the money was meant for buying gold ornaments for a jeweller in Dharmapuri, the money was handed over to the Income Tax department, for want of documents, police said.
The youth was told he could take the money after producing valid documents, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Police pressuring woman to give false statement against Amanantullah Khan: AAP
- Turkey detains Gulen`s nephew after coup attempt: Report
- UP: BJP protest for Naseemuddin Siddiqui's arrest, Dayashankar Singh's re-induction
- Discontinue pellet guns, says J&K HC citing Rajnath's statement
- MCA Managing Committee to discuss SC judgement on Sunday