Coimbatore: Rs 89 lakh seized from train passenger
Coimbatore: An amount of about Rs 89 lakh was seized from a passenger from the Intercity Express, who alighted at the station here today, police said.
Suspecting the movement of the man, coming from Dharmapuri, Railway police checked him and found the cash in his bag.
Though he told police the money was meant for buying gold ornaments for a jeweller in Dharmapuri, the money was handed over to the Income Tax department, for want of documents, police said.
The youth was told he could take the money after producing valid documents, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country