Divakaran remanded till May 11
Kumbakonam: The judicial remand of Divakaran, brother of Sasikala Natarajan, aide of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, was on Friday extended till May 11 in connection with a case relating to illegal sand quarrying.
Divakaran and one Karthikeyan had been arrested in connection with the case and were remanded to custody till today. They had been lodged in Tiruchirappalli prison.
The two had been taken to the Papanasam Magistrate court about 12 km from here today for remand extension. But since the Magistrate was on leave, they were produced before the second Additional District Munsif-cum-Judicial Magistrate Kumbakonam who extended the remand till May 11.
They were then taken to the Tiruchirapalli prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred