Divakaran remanded till May 11
Kumbakonam: The judicial remand of Divakaran, brother of Sasikala Natarajan, aide of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, was on Friday extended till May 11 in connection with a case relating to illegal sand quarrying.
Divakaran and one Karthikeyan had been arrested in connection with the case and were remanded to custody till today. They had been lodged in Tiruchirappalli prison.
The two had been taken to the Papanasam Magistrate court about 12 km from here today for remand extension. But since the Magistrate was on leave, they were produced before the second Additional District Munsif-cum-Judicial Magistrate Kumbakonam who extended the remand till May 11.
They were then taken to the Tiruchirapalli prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH