DMDK to demonstrate against power tariff hike
Chennai: DMDK on Sunday announced a state-wide
demonstration on April 7 demanding roll back of the power tariff hike in Tamil Nadu.
"The livelihood of people would be affected by the power
tariff hike which came into effect from today. Insisting on
roll back of the hike, DMDK will organise an agitation in
front of electricity board offices at all district
headquarters on April 7," DMDK founder and actor Vijaykant
said in a statement.
DMK had yesterday announced a demonstration against the
tariff hike on April 9.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission (TNERC) on
March 30 announced the new power tariff with an average
increase of 37 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him