DMDK to demonstrate against power tariff hike
Chennai: DMDK on Sunday announced a state-wide
demonstration on April 7 demanding roll back of the power tariff hike in Tamil Nadu.
"The livelihood of people would be affected by the power
tariff hike which came into effect from today. Insisting on
roll back of the hike, DMDK will organise an agitation in
front of electricity board offices at all district
headquarters on April 7," DMDK founder and actor Vijaykant
said in a statement.
DMK had yesterday announced a demonstration against the
tariff hike on April 9.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission (TNERC) on
March 30 announced the new power tariff with an average
increase of 37 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth