Dr Subramaniam made DMK in charge in Puducherry
Chennai: Ahead of the local body polls in neighbouring Puducherry, DMK today appointed Dr MAS Subramaniam as the party in-charge.
He will replace DMK leader and former Chief Minister R V Janakiraman, who has since quit as Convenor of the party`s Puducherry unit on health grounds.
DMK general secretary K Anbazhagan appealed to other existing office-bearers to jointly work with the new appointee.
A party statement here said DMK chief M Karunanidhi held a meeting of his Puducherry office-bearers today.
The move comes in the wake of reports of revolt against Janakiraman by a section of the local unit in the backdrop of the party`s unimpressive show in last year`s Assembly polls, clinched by the NR Congress.
The Puducherry State Election Commission had recently told the Madras High Court that the polls for local bodies will be conducted and results declared before January 15, 2013.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump