Dr Subramaniam made DMK in charge in Puducherry
Chennai: Ahead of the local body polls in neighbouring Puducherry, DMK today appointed Dr MAS Subramaniam as the party in-charge.
He will replace DMK leader and former Chief Minister R V Janakiraman, who has since quit as Convenor of the party`s Puducherry unit on health grounds.
DMK general secretary K Anbazhagan appealed to other existing office-bearers to jointly work with the new appointee.
A party statement here said DMK chief M Karunanidhi held a meeting of his Puducherry office-bearers today.
The move comes in the wake of reports of revolt against Janakiraman by a section of the local unit in the backdrop of the party`s unimpressive show in last year`s Assembly polls, clinched by the NR Congress.
The Puducherry State Election Commission had recently told the Madras High Court that the polls for local bodies will be conducted and results declared before January 15, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Spirituality helps you transform into a better human – Here’s how
- Mumbai architect receives Rs 5 crore extortion call from gangster Ravi Pujari
- 7th Pay Commission: Salary hike to boost demand in consumer durables sector
- 7th Pay Commission: Unions reject Centre's pay hike, threaten to go on strike
- It's a 'happy-sad feeling' for Anushka Sharma as 'Phillauri' shoot comes to an end!