Duronto Express to run on two key routes in TN
Chennai: The Southern Railway on Wednesday announced the introduction of bi-weekly Duronto Express trains between Chennai -- Thiruvananthapuram and Chennai -- Madurai.
According to an official release, the Chennai Central - Madurai inaugural Duronto Special would leave Chennai Central at 5pm on Thursday December 15 and reach Madurai at 4am the next day.
The Inaugural Chennai Central -- Thiruvananthapuram Duronto Special would leave at 5pm on December 15 and reach Thiruvananthapuram at 05.45am the next day, the release said.
Regular services of the Chennai Central - Madurai Duronto Express will be operated on Mondays and Wednesdays while Madurai-Chennai Central Duronto Trains will be operated on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Regular services of Chennai Central -- Thiruvananthapuram Duronto Bi-weekly will be operated on Tuesdays and Fridays and on the return journey the trains would be operated on Wednesdays and Saturdays, the release added.
The advance reservation for the trains would commence from tomorrow, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof