Former DMK MLA arrested
Madurai: Former DMK MLA Veluchamy was on Saturday arrested for allegedly threatening a person when the latter asked him to return Rs 25 lakh he had taken for getting granite quarrying license in 2007 when DMK was in power.
Gautham Kumar Reddy had lodged the complaint based on which Veluchamy, former party district secretary, was picked up for questioning, police said.
He was later arrested.
Veluchamy is a DMK headquarters Executive committee member.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites