HC notice to Centre on plea for action against industrialist
Madurai: A petition has been filed in Madurai Bench of Madras High Court seeking to take action against a Tamil Nadu-based industrialist and officials of concerned ministries over his reported public claim that he had obtain clearance for his proposal to mine beach sand by paying bribe.
When the petition came up for hearing, Justice R.Subbiah ordered notice to Ministries of Environment and Forest and Mines, Chief Vigilance Commissioner and CBI and posted the case after two weeks.
Petitioner D Dhaya Devadas claimed that S Vaikundarajan, Managing Director of V V Minerals, openly admitted at a recent meeting of an Ore Panel, convened by Chemical Allied Products Export Promotion Council (CAPEXIL), that he gave "money" to officials of Environment and Forest Ministry and obtained the environment clearance for beach sand mining in Tuticorin District.
Stating that both himself and Vaikundarajan were members of CAPEXIL, the petitioner said the former made the "confession" during the meeting at a hotel in Chennai on November 12, 2010.
He claimed Vaikundarajan went ahead with his speech though Joint Director of CAPEXIL Suresh Babu cautioned that the proceedings were being recorded.
The petitioner, a partner in a mineral company, said those who received bribe for environment clearance should also be identified and brought to justice.
He submitted that despite him sending a representation to concerned officials, including Chief Vigilance Commissioner and CBI, along with transcripts of the CAPEXIL proceedings, no action had been taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues