Jaya expels close aide Sasikala from AIADMK
Chennai: In a surprise move, AIADMK supremo
Jayalalithaa on Monday expelled her close aide V K Sasikala and
her husband M Natarajan besides 10 others from the party`s
The drastic action against Sasikala, who had enjoyed
absolute confidence of Jayalalithaa was announced in a brief
statement by the AIADMK chief, who also told her partymen not
to have any truck with the expelled members.
Sasikala, also an AIADMK executive member, Natarajan and
their relatives, including T T V Dinakaran and Jayalalithaa`s
disowned foster son V N Sudhakaran "are being expelled from
all posts, including the party`s primary membership," she said.
Others shown the door are V Bhaskaran, S Venkatesh and
Ravanan, all of whom were believed to have been calling the
shots in the party after it won the April 2011 Assembly polls,
besides M Ramachandran, Mohan, Kulothungan, Rajarajan and
The expulsion comes days ahead of the meeting of the
party`s decision making bodies, the general council and the
executive, on December 30.
The Jayalalithaa-Sasikala saga had been always a talking
point in state political circles as the latter is seen with
Jayalalithaa in most of her private and public appearances.
Sasikala is one of the accused in the disproportionate case
relating to Jayalalithaa, who had appeared before a trial
court in Bangalore recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok