Jaya expels close aide Sasikala from AIADMK
Chennai: In a surprise move, AIADMK supremo
Jayalalithaa on Monday expelled her close aide V K Sasikala and
her husband M Natarajan besides 10 others from the party`s
The drastic action against Sasikala, who had enjoyed
absolute confidence of Jayalalithaa was announced in a brief
statement by the AIADMK chief, who also told her partymen not
to have any truck with the expelled members.
Sasikala, also an AIADMK executive member, Natarajan and
their relatives, including T T V Dinakaran and Jayalalithaa`s
disowned foster son V N Sudhakaran "are being expelled from
all posts, including the party`s primary membership," she said.
Others shown the door are V Bhaskaran, S Venkatesh and
Ravanan, all of whom were believed to have been calling the
shots in the party after it won the April 2011 Assembly polls,
besides M Ramachandran, Mohan, Kulothungan, Rajarajan and
The expulsion comes days ahead of the meeting of the
party`s decision making bodies, the general council and the
executive, on December 30.
The Jayalalithaa-Sasikala saga had been always a talking
point in state political circles as the latter is seen with
Jayalalithaa in most of her private and public appearances.
Sasikala is one of the accused in the disproportionate case
relating to Jayalalithaa, who had appeared before a trial
court in Bangalore recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh