Man detained at airport over possession of idols
Chennai: A man was detained at the
international airport here by officials of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) after he was found carrying five idols believed to be having antique value.
Ramasamy Govindarajulu, set to fly to Hong Kong, was
detained after five metal idols of Lord Mahaveera and Buddha
were found in his possession, airport sources said.
Officials from the Archaeological Department were
examining the idols.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!