Marriage of minor halted after police intervention
Sivaganga: Timely intervention by police led to the cancellation of the marriage of minor girl with a 20 year-old boy scheduled to be held on May 27 near Manamadurai in this district.
Police said the 15-year-old girl`s father had made arrangements to get his daughter married off to a person from Idapadu village in the district.
In another case Manamadurai Deputy Superintendent of Police Velladurai on Friday stopped the wedding of a 14-year old girl with a 21-year-old man.
The DSP warned the parents and stopped the weeding in the nick of time. He also ordered cases to be registered against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram
- 'Naagin' should have second season: Arjun Bijlani
- IPL 9: AB de Villiers recalls 'the gamble' that paid off vs Gujarat Lions during 79-run knock