Marriage of minor halted after police intervention
Sivaganga: Timely intervention by police led to the cancellation of the marriage of minor girl with a 20 year-old boy scheduled to be held on May 27 near Manamadurai in this district.
Police said the 15-year-old girl`s father had made arrangements to get his daughter married off to a person from Idapadu village in the district.
In another case Manamadurai Deputy Superintendent of Police Velladurai on Friday stopped the wedding of a 14-year old girl with a 21-year-old man.
The DSP warned the parents and stopped the weeding in the nick of time. He also ordered cases to be registered against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'