Marriage of minor halted after police intervention
Sivaganga: Timely intervention by police led to the cancellation of the marriage of minor girl with a 20 year-old boy scheduled to be held on May 27 near Manamadurai in this district.
Police said the 15-year-old girl`s father had made arrangements to get his daughter married off to a person from Idapadu village in the district.
In another case Manamadurai Deputy Superintendent of Police Velladurai on Friday stopped the wedding of a 14-year old girl with a 21-year-old man.
The DSP warned the parents and stopped the weeding in the nick of time. He also ordered cases to be registered against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss