Muslim group attempts to picket US Consulate in TN
Chennai: For the second day in a row, a Muslim organisation on Saturday protested against a controversial American movie, deemed offensive to Islam, and made a futile bid to picket the US Consulate here.
The activists of Tamil Nadu Thowheed Jamaath were stopped from marching towards the Consulate, police said.
The US mission came under attack yesterday by the Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam activists, who had used logs and stones to damage window panes of a structure in the front of the heavily fortified Consulate, police said.
With good number of protestors staging the agitation against the American film at the arterial Anna Salai, where Chennai Metro Rail works were also underway, traffic flow was affected, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS