Muslim group attempts to picket US Consulate in TN
Chennai: For the second day in a row, a Muslim organisation on Saturday protested against a controversial American movie, deemed offensive to Islam, and made a futile bid to picket the US Consulate here.
The activists of Tamil Nadu Thowheed Jamaath were stopped from marching towards the Consulate, police said.
The US mission came under attack yesterday by the Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam activists, who had used logs and stones to damage window panes of a structure in the front of the heavily fortified Consulate, police said.
With good number of protestors staging the agitation against the American film at the arterial Anna Salai, where Chennai Metro Rail works were also underway, traffic flow was affected, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing