New bishop consecrated for CBE Diocese
Coimbatore: Timothy Ravinder was on Saturday consecrated as the sixth Bishop of the CSI Coimbatore Diocese here.
Rev Deivakadacham, Moderator, Church of South India performed the consecreation.
More than 100 presbyters and heads of the CSI institutions attended the service, a CSI release said here.
The Diocese has eight districts of Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Dharmapuri, Krishnagiri, Nilgiris and Namakkal, under it.
Thimothy hails from Kotagiri in NIlgiris district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP