Petrol bomb hurled at house of Hindu outfit leader
Coimbatore: Unidentified persons hurled a petrol bomb at the house of a Hindu outfit leader here in the early hours of Saturday, police said.
No one was injured in the incident in Ukkadam at around 5 AM, but window panes of the bedroom of Arjun Sampath, President, Hindu Makkal Katchi (Tamizhakam) were broken, they said.
City Police commissioner A K Vishwanathan and senior police officials rushed to the spot and reviewed the situation.
The surrounding areas of Ukkadam were tense for the last one week following removal of an idol from the premises of a temple in Kuniyamuthur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic