Petrol bomb hurled at house of Hindu outfit leader
Coimbatore: Unidentified persons hurled a petrol bomb at the house of a Hindu outfit leader here in the early hours of Saturday, police said.
No one was injured in the incident in Ukkadam at around 5 AM, but window panes of the bedroom of Arjun Sampath, President, Hindu Makkal Katchi (Tamizhakam) were broken, they said.
City Police commissioner A K Vishwanathan and senior police officials rushed to the spot and reviewed the situation.
The surrounding areas of Ukkadam were tense for the last one week following removal of an idol from the premises of a temple in Kuniyamuthur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand