Petrol bomb hurled at house of Hindu outfit leader
Coimbatore: Unidentified persons hurled a petrol bomb at the house of a Hindu outfit leader here in the early hours of Saturday, police said.
No one was injured in the incident in Ukkadam at around 5 AM, but window panes of the bedroom of Arjun Sampath, President, Hindu Makkal Katchi (Tamizhakam) were broken, they said.
City Police commissioner A K Vishwanathan and senior police officials rushed to the spot and reviewed the situation.
The surrounding areas of Ukkadam were tense for the last one week following removal of an idol from the premises of a temple in Kuniyamuthur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights