Petrol bomb hurled at house of Hindu outfit leader
Coimbatore: Unidentified persons hurled a petrol bomb at the house of a Hindu outfit leader here in the early hours of Saturday, police said.
No one was injured in the incident in Ukkadam at around 5 AM, but window panes of the bedroom of Arjun Sampath, President, Hindu Makkal Katchi (Tamizhakam) were broken, they said.
City Police commissioner A K Vishwanathan and senior police officials rushed to the spot and reviewed the situation.
The surrounding areas of Ukkadam were tense for the last one week following removal of an idol from the premises of a temple in Kuniyamuthur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers