‘Probe on into threat calls against N-activists’
Chennai: Activists supporting the Koodankulam
nuclear power project have alleged that they have received
threatening calls including from abroad and a probe was on to
identify the guilty, Minister of State in the PMO V
Narayanasamy said on Saturday.
"Some people, we don`t know whether they are protestors,
have made threat calls to those who support Koodankulam
project. Some calls were made and letters signed by them were
sent. We are investigating the issue and will soon identify
the guilty," he told reporters here.
KNPP officials have made complaints to the police seeking
action against those making such threats, he said.
"They started the agitations saying they will follow the
Gandhian way, but now they are doing this," he said, adding
calls were made from abroad too.
Suspecting foreign funding behind the prolonged protest
against the plant, he said investigations were on and the
Centre would soon take action.
The locals in Koodankulam have been agitating since
September last demanding the scrapping of the Indo-Russian
project raising safety concerns in the wake of the Fukishuma
accident in Japan early this year.
Countering the protests against the plant, some other
activists have been demanding the commissioning of the first
reactor in the plant. The Madras High Court has been moved by
a lawyer seeking to arrest protestors against whom criminal
cases have been filed for stalling commissioning the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!