‘Probe on into threat calls against N-activists’
Chennai: Activists supporting the Koodankulam
nuclear power project have alleged that they have received
threatening calls including from abroad and a probe was on to
identify the guilty, Minister of State in the PMO V
Narayanasamy said on Saturday.
"Some people, we don`t know whether they are protestors,
have made threat calls to those who support Koodankulam
project. Some calls were made and letters signed by them were
sent. We are investigating the issue and will soon identify
the guilty," he told reporters here.
KNPP officials have made complaints to the police seeking
action against those making such threats, he said.
"They started the agitations saying they will follow the
Gandhian way, but now they are doing this," he said, adding
calls were made from abroad too.
Suspecting foreign funding behind the prolonged protest
against the plant, he said investigations were on and the
Centre would soon take action.
The locals in Koodankulam have been agitating since
September last demanding the scrapping of the Indo-Russian
project raising safety concerns in the wake of the Fukishuma
accident in Japan early this year.
Countering the protests against the plant, some other
activists have been demanding the commissioning of the first
reactor in the plant. The Madras High Court has been moved by
a lawyer seeking to arrest protestors against whom criminal
cases have been filed for stalling commissioning the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security