PT to organise demonstation to condemn rape incident
Coimbatore: Puthiya Tamizhakam would organise a demonstation in Chennai on June 16 to condemn the shocking incident of abduction and rape of two minor girls from a hostel in Pollachi recently.
Talking to reporters here, party founder-president Dr K Krishnasamy alleged that attacks on Dalits, downtrodden and minorities were increasing in Tamil Nadu, particularly after Lok Sabha polls.
The girls, aged 10 and 11 and inmates of a hostel run by a church in Pollachi were raped by two persons who approached them in the wee hours on Thursday under the pretext of asking for water.
Rape of a Dalit girl in a village in Tirunelvel on May 18, attacks on three Dalit youths in Sankerkoil and 10 Dalit youths in Thoothukudi recently only showed that atrocities against minorities have been on an increase, he said.
Krishnasamy urged the Govenrment to take note of the law and order situation in the state, particularly after Lok Sabha polls, and take stringent action against the culprits on warfooting.
He also asked the Centre to monitor the functioning of hostels across the state and strictly punish those who were flouting rules.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met