PT to organise demonstation to condemn rape incident
Coimbatore: Puthiya Tamizhakam would organise a demonstation in Chennai on June 16 to condemn the shocking incident of abduction and rape of two minor girls from a hostel in Pollachi recently.
Talking to reporters here, party founder-president Dr K Krishnasamy alleged that attacks on Dalits, downtrodden and minorities were increasing in Tamil Nadu, particularly after Lok Sabha polls.
The girls, aged 10 and 11 and inmates of a hostel run by a church in Pollachi were raped by two persons who approached them in the wee hours on Thursday under the pretext of asking for water.
Rape of a Dalit girl in a village in Tirunelvel on May 18, attacks on three Dalit youths in Sankerkoil and 10 Dalit youths in Thoothukudi recently only showed that atrocities against minorities have been on an increase, he said.
Krishnasamy urged the Govenrment to take note of the law and order situation in the state, particularly after Lok Sabha polls, and take stringent action against the culprits on warfooting.
He also asked the Centre to monitor the functioning of hostels across the state and strictly punish those who were flouting rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested