PT to organise demonstation to condemn rape incident
Coimbatore: Puthiya Tamizhakam would organise a demonstation in Chennai on June 16 to condemn the shocking incident of abduction and rape of two minor girls from a hostel in Pollachi recently.
Talking to reporters here, party founder-president Dr K Krishnasamy alleged that attacks on Dalits, downtrodden and minorities were increasing in Tamil Nadu, particularly after Lok Sabha polls.
The girls, aged 10 and 11 and inmates of a hostel run by a church in Pollachi were raped by two persons who approached them in the wee hours on Thursday under the pretext of asking for water.
Rape of a Dalit girl in a village in Tirunelvel on May 18, attacks on three Dalit youths in Sankerkoil and 10 Dalit youths in Thoothukudi recently only showed that atrocities against minorities have been on an increase, he said.
Krishnasamy urged the Govenrment to take note of the law and order situation in the state, particularly after Lok Sabha polls, and take stringent action against the culprits on warfooting.
He also asked the Centre to monitor the functioning of hostels across the state and strictly punish those who were flouting rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’