Reservoirs in TN have enough water: PWD minister
Erode: There has been a considerable improvement in the storage in all reservoirs in Tamil Nadu due to recent rains and all dams now have adequate water, according to PWD minister KV Ramalingam.
He said the water level in reservoirs is increasing due to rain for the past two days.
The minister criticised the Centre and Union Ministers representing Tamil Nadu for their `inaction` in helping the state its share of Cauvery water from Karnataka.
Speaking at a function here yesterday after distributing welfare measures, he said more than 40 sand quarries were closed down as per court directions and new quarries would be started as alternate measures.
On dengue cases, he said there are some positive cases in Tamil Nadu and the health department has been geared up and all suspected cases and affected cases are being treated properly.
No dengue deaths had been reported from Erode district, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch