Reservoirs in TN have enough water: PWD minister
Erode: There has been a considerable improvement in the storage in all reservoirs in Tamil Nadu due to recent rains and all dams now have adequate water, according to PWD minister KV Ramalingam.
He said the water level in reservoirs is increasing due to rain for the past two days.
The minister criticised the Centre and Union Ministers representing Tamil Nadu for their `inaction` in helping the state its share of Cauvery water from Karnataka.
Speaking at a function here yesterday after distributing welfare measures, he said more than 40 sand quarries were closed down as per court directions and new quarries would be started as alternate measures.
On dengue cases, he said there are some positive cases in Tamil Nadu and the health department has been geared up and all suspected cases and affected cases are being treated properly.
No dengue deaths had been reported from Erode district, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city