Security beefed up across Chennai after Bangalore blast
Chennai: In the wake of the bomb blast in Bangalore, security has been beefed up at railway stations, bus terminuses and religious places across the city.
Round the clock checks are being carried out in mansions, lodges, commercial complexes, vehicle parking areas and airport, a police statement said.
Additional police personnel have been posted at the entry points to the city and patrolling intensified to check two and four wheelers, it said.
"Public has been advised to inform police if they see any suspected four wheeler or two wheeler which has been abandoned and any abandoned articles to the nearest police station or Police Control Room 100," it said.
Bomb disposal squads and sniffer dog squads have been kept on full preparedness to meet any situation, it added.
Crowded areas are also being closely watched with CCTV cameras and hundreds of police posted in railway stations and bus terminuses to frisk luggage of passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital