Security beefed up across Chennai after Bangalore blast
Chennai: In the wake of the bomb blast in Bangalore, security has been beefed up at railway stations, bus terminuses and religious places across the city.
Round the clock checks are being carried out in mansions, lodges, commercial complexes, vehicle parking areas and airport, a police statement said.
Additional police personnel have been posted at the entry points to the city and patrolling intensified to check two and four wheelers, it said.
"Public has been advised to inform police if they see any suspected four wheeler or two wheeler which has been abandoned and any abandoned articles to the nearest police station or Police Control Room 100," it said.
Bomb disposal squads and sniffer dog squads have been kept on full preparedness to meet any situation, it added.
Crowded areas are also being closely watched with CCTV cameras and hundreds of police posted in railway stations and bus terminuses to frisk luggage of passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees