Security beefed up across Chennai after Bangalore blast
Chennai: In the wake of the bomb blast in Bangalore, security has been beefed up at railway stations, bus terminuses and religious places across the city.
Round the clock checks are being carried out in mansions, lodges, commercial complexes, vehicle parking areas and airport, a police statement said.
Additional police personnel have been posted at the entry points to the city and patrolling intensified to check two and four wheelers, it said.
"Public has been advised to inform police if they see any suspected four wheeler or two wheeler which has been abandoned and any abandoned articles to the nearest police station or Police Control Room 100," it said.
Bomb disposal squads and sniffer dog squads have been kept on full preparedness to meet any situation, it added.
Crowded areas are also being closely watched with CCTV cameras and hundreds of police posted in railway stations and bus terminuses to frisk luggage of passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Space X Dragon successfully splashes down in Pacific Ocean with crucial NASA research samples
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured