Security beefed up across Chennai after Bangalore blast
Chennai: In the wake of the bomb blast in Bangalore, security has been beefed up at railway stations, bus terminuses and religious places across the city.
Round the clock checks are being carried out in mansions, lodges, commercial complexes, vehicle parking areas and airport, a police statement said.
Additional police personnel have been posted at the entry points to the city and patrolling intensified to check two and four wheelers, it said.
"Public has been advised to inform police if they see any suspected four wheeler or two wheeler which has been abandoned and any abandoned articles to the nearest police station or Police Control Room 100," it said.
Bomb disposal squads and sniffer dog squads have been kept on full preparedness to meet any situation, it added.
Crowded areas are also being closely watched with CCTV cameras and hundreds of police posted in railway stations and bus terminuses to frisk luggage of passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur