Security beefed up across Chennai after Bangalore blast
Chennai: In the wake of the bomb blast in Bangalore, security has been beefed up at railway stations, bus terminuses and religious places across the city.
Round the clock checks are being carried out in mansions, lodges, commercial complexes, vehicle parking areas and airport, a police statement said.
Additional police personnel have been posted at the entry points to the city and patrolling intensified to check two and four wheelers, it said.
"Public has been advised to inform police if they see any suspected four wheeler or two wheeler which has been abandoned and any abandoned articles to the nearest police station or Police Control Room 100," it said.
Bomb disposal squads and sniffer dog squads have been kept on full preparedness to meet any situation, it added.
Crowded areas are also being closely watched with CCTV cameras and hundreds of police posted in railway stations and bus terminuses to frisk luggage of passengers.
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended
- 37-year-old trader shot dead near Seelampur metro station in Delhi