SIT files chargesheet in pipe bomb case
Madurai: The Special Investigation Team, probing the case relating to planting of a pipe bomb along the route taken by BJP leader L K Advani near here in October 2011, has filed the charge sheet in a lower court.
The SIT filed the charge sheet at the Judicial Magistrate court at nearby Tirumangalam last evening, police said.
A powerful pipe bomb was detected on October 28 on the Jan Chetna yatra route to be taken by the BJP leader.
Advani, who was on a nation-wide anti-corruption yatra, changed his route after the five-feet long bomb, concealed by grass and a saree, was found under a culvert at Alampatti near Tirumangalam, 30 km from Madurai. The bomb was later defused.
Police had registered a case under the Explosives Act and IPC sections 120 (conspiracy) and 307 (attempt to murder).
Three persons have so far been arrested and police are on the lookout for three more.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon