SIT files chargesheet in pipe bomb case
Madurai: The Special Investigation Team, probing the case relating to planting of a pipe bomb along the route taken by BJP leader L K Advani near here in October 2011, has filed the charge sheet in a lower court.
The SIT filed the charge sheet at the Judicial Magistrate court at nearby Tirumangalam last evening, police said.
A powerful pipe bomb was detected on October 28 on the Jan Chetna yatra route to be taken by the BJP leader.
Advani, who was on a nation-wide anti-corruption yatra, changed his route after the five-feet long bomb, concealed by grass and a saree, was found under a culvert at Alampatti near Tirumangalam, 30 km from Madurai. The bomb was later defused.
Police had registered a case under the Explosives Act and IPC sections 120 (conspiracy) and 307 (attempt to murder).
Three persons have so far been arrested and police are on the lookout for three more.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them