Sri Lankan passenger arrested for trying to smuggle in
Chennai: A passenger from Sri Lanka was arrested at Anna international airport on Monday for trying to smuggle in Rs 50 lakh worth of gemstones, airport sources said today.
They said airport security officers questioned Sabhoovan (32) on suspicion after he cleared the security check.
A check on his person revealed he had hidden 32 gem stones in his rectum which were seized, following which he was arrested, they said.
The value of the stones was Rs 50 lakh in the international market, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar