Sri Sri Ravishankar visits Mandapam refugee camp
Rameswaram: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravishankar on Sunday visited the refugee camp at Mandapam near here and spoke with Sri Lankan refugees.
Talking to newsmen here after his visit of the camp, the Art of Living founder said Indian Government should either provide the refugees citizenship or provide them a decent livelihood without retaining them in the camp for a long time.
He also expressed anguish about plight of the Tamils in Sri Lanka and assured that they would coordinate with all the Tamils to infuse a fresh lease of life into them.
Ravishankar wanted to distribute dhotis, sweets and food items to the refugees, but the police and revenue officials prevented him from doing so.
Ravishankar also met fishermen when he condemned the attack on the innocent fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Box Office report of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Randeep Hooda starrer 'Sarbjit'
- So you think you know English perfectly? Try this quiz
- Congress move to corner Amitabh Bachchan ''utter hypocrisy'': Subramanian Swamy
- India, China should resolve issues through political acumen: Pranab Mukherjee
- Ex-Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi convoy attacked, police van set on fire near Gaya