Sri Sri Ravishankar visits Mandapam refugee camp
Rameswaram: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravishankar on Sunday visited the refugee camp at Mandapam near here and spoke with Sri Lankan refugees.
Talking to newsmen here after his visit of the camp, the Art of Living founder said Indian Government should either provide the refugees citizenship or provide them a decent livelihood without retaining them in the camp for a long time.
He also expressed anguish about plight of the Tamils in Sri Lanka and assured that they would coordinate with all the Tamils to infuse a fresh lease of life into them.
Ravishankar wanted to distribute dhotis, sweets and food items to the refugees, but the police and revenue officials prevented him from doing so.
Ravishankar also met fishermen when he condemned the attack on the innocent fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal