Sri Sri Ravishankar visits Mandapam refugee camp
Rameswaram: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravishankar on Sunday visited the refugee camp at Mandapam near here and spoke with Sri Lankan refugees.
Talking to newsmen here after his visit of the camp, the Art of Living founder said Indian Government should either provide the refugees citizenship or provide them a decent livelihood without retaining them in the camp for a long time.
He also expressed anguish about plight of the Tamils in Sri Lanka and assured that they would coordinate with all the Tamils to infuse a fresh lease of life into them.
Ravishankar wanted to distribute dhotis, sweets and food items to the refugees, but the police and revenue officials prevented him from doing so.
Ravishankar also met fishermen when he condemned the attack on the innocent fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video