Sri Sri Ravishankar visits Mandapam refugee camp
Rameswaram: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravishankar on Sunday visited the refugee camp at Mandapam near here and spoke with Sri Lankan refugees.
Talking to newsmen here after his visit of the camp, the Art of Living founder said Indian Government should either provide the refugees citizenship or provide them a decent livelihood without retaining them in the camp for a long time.
He also expressed anguish about plight of the Tamils in Sri Lanka and assured that they would coordinate with all the Tamils to infuse a fresh lease of life into them.
Ravishankar wanted to distribute dhotis, sweets and food items to the refugees, but the police and revenue officials prevented him from doing so.
Ravishankar also met fishermen when he condemned the attack on the innocent fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navay.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan