Tamil Nadu: Petrol bombs hurled at two places
Chennai: Miscreants hurled petrol bomb at an empty Metropolitan Transport Corporation (MTC) bus at Injambakkam in Chennai on Saturday, police said. However, there was no report of any casualty or injury.
In as similar incident, unknown persons hurled petrol bomb at the car of Cheyyur MLA K Raji (AIADMK) near Kalpakkam late on Friday night in which the vehicle was partially damaged, police said, adding, a nearby house also suffered minor damage.
At Kancheepuram, a bus belonging to a private school was set on fire even as a state-run liquor outlet was also torched by miscreants, police said. A bus parked nearby was also damaged.
No arrests have been made in connection with the incidents.
Meanwhile, stray incidents of violence including torching and stoning government buses have been reported from the northern districts of the state in the wake of the arrest of PMK leaders, S Ramadoss, and his son and former Union Minister Anbumani following the Marakkanam violence on April 25.
S Ramadoss had been arrested after he failed to wind up a PMK function which was blamed by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa as the reason for the violence at Marakkanam in Villupuram district which was allegedly targeted against Dalits.
Anbumani was arrested from Chennai in connection with a case filed in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands