Tamil Nadu: Petrol bombs hurled at two places
Chennai: Miscreants hurled petrol bomb at an empty Metropolitan Transport Corporation (MTC) bus at Injambakkam in Chennai on Saturday, police said. However, there was no report of any casualty or injury.
In as similar incident, unknown persons hurled petrol bomb at the car of Cheyyur MLA K Raji (AIADMK) near Kalpakkam late on Friday night in which the vehicle was partially damaged, police said, adding, a nearby house also suffered minor damage.
At Kancheepuram, a bus belonging to a private school was set on fire even as a state-run liquor outlet was also torched by miscreants, police said. A bus parked nearby was also damaged.
No arrests have been made in connection with the incidents.
Meanwhile, stray incidents of violence including torching and stoning government buses have been reported from the northern districts of the state in the wake of the arrest of PMK leaders, S Ramadoss, and his son and former Union Minister Anbumani following the Marakkanam violence on April 25.
S Ramadoss had been arrested after he failed to wind up a PMK function which was blamed by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa as the reason for the violence at Marakkanam in Villupuram district which was allegedly targeted against Dalits.
Anbumani was arrested from Chennai in connection with a case filed in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown