Tamil Nadu to approach Supreme Court for Cauvery waters
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minsiter J Jayalalithaa on Monday ordered officials to immediately file a petition in the Supreme Court praying for an order to Karanataka to release the Cauvery river water.
Jayalalithaa took the decision after chairing a meeting of ministers and officials, said a government statement.
The chairman of the Cauvery River Authority (CRA) ordered Karnataka to release 9,000 cusecs of water from Sep 20 to Oct 15 against Tamil Nadu`s request of at least 2,000 million cubic (tmc) feet of water for 24 days.
Jayalalithaa said she was disappointed at the outcome and the state would approach the apex court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack