Tamil Nadu to set up fish seed rearing centres
Chennai: In an effort to increase fish production, Tamil Nadu Government today decided to set up fish seed rearing centres and integrated units at a cost of Rs 100 crore.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has ordered setting up of 11 fish seed rearing centres at a cost of Rs 37 crore to enhance fish production by using inland water resources, an official release said.
Similarly, Jayalalithaa has allotted Rs 63 crore towards setting up of integrated units at 11 places which would have all infrastructure facilities such as auction centres, net knitting centres, fish drying floors and road, light and water services.
She also earmarked Rs one crore for organising fish food festival this year at the Island Grounds here to create awareness among the people about fisheries sector.
The State government has also decided to set up a fisheries university on 85 acres in Nagapattinam to encourage education on fisheries in the State which is producing 4.25 lakh tonnes of fish besides exporting Rs 2,000 crore worth of sea products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!