Tamil Nadu to set up fish seed rearing centres
Chennai: In an effort to increase fish production, Tamil Nadu Government today decided to set up fish seed rearing centres and integrated units at a cost of Rs 100 crore.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has ordered setting up of 11 fish seed rearing centres at a cost of Rs 37 crore to enhance fish production by using inland water resources, an official release said.
Similarly, Jayalalithaa has allotted Rs 63 crore towards setting up of integrated units at 11 places which would have all infrastructure facilities such as auction centres, net knitting centres, fish drying floors and road, light and water services.
She also earmarked Rs one crore for organising fish food festival this year at the Island Grounds here to create awareness among the people about fisheries sector.
The State government has also decided to set up a fisheries university on 85 acres in Nagapattinam to encourage education on fisheries in the State which is producing 4.25 lakh tonnes of fish besides exporting Rs 2,000 crore worth of sea products.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know