Tamil Nadu to set up fish seed rearing centres
Chennai: In an effort to increase fish production, Tamil Nadu Government today decided to set up fish seed rearing centres and integrated units at a cost of Rs 100 crore.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has ordered setting up of 11 fish seed rearing centres at a cost of Rs 37 crore to enhance fish production by using inland water resources, an official release said.
Similarly, Jayalalithaa has allotted Rs 63 crore towards setting up of integrated units at 11 places which would have all infrastructure facilities such as auction centres, net knitting centres, fish drying floors and road, light and water services.
She also earmarked Rs one crore for organising fish food festival this year at the Island Grounds here to create awareness among the people about fisheries sector.
The State government has also decided to set up a fisheries university on 85 acres in Nagapattinam to encourage education on fisheries in the State which is producing 4.25 lakh tonnes of fish besides exporting Rs 2,000 crore worth of sea products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends