`Tamil Nadu’s approach on Cauvery not right`
Udhagamandalam: Opposition leader in the Tamil Nadu Assembly and DMDK founder Vijayakant on Thursday blamed Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s `wrong approach` for Karnataka not releasing Cauvery water to the State.
Former chief ministers, the late MG Ramachandran and M Karunanidhi, have negotiated with their Karnataka counterparts and got water released, he said.
However, the approach of the present chief minister was not that fruitful, due to which farmers of the State were suffering for the last few months, he told reporters here.
The only solution to the crisis was to handing over the KRS dam to the military and get water released, Vijayakant, who appeared before the District Sessions court, in connection with a defamation case filed by the State government, said.
Both the states (Karnataka and Tamil Nadu) were playing double games with regard to Cauvery issue, he said.
Stating that the Government had filed nine cases against him, he said he was ready to face any number of cases in all the 32 districts and fight legally.
He said the opposition parties in Tamil Nadu were seen as enemies by the ruling party and government, which should change.
Vijayakant said the Chief Minister has not given him audience to discuss various problems being faced by people, though he had sought an appointment a month ago.
On alliance for the coming Lok Sabha polls, Vijayakant said the issue would be discussed at the time of elections.
His party was confident of winning on its own from all the 40 Lok Sabha seats in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark