`Tamil Nadu’s approach on Cauvery not right`
Udhagamandalam: Opposition leader in the Tamil Nadu Assembly and DMDK founder Vijayakant on Thursday blamed Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s `wrong approach` for Karnataka not releasing Cauvery water to the State.
Former chief ministers, the late MG Ramachandran and M Karunanidhi, have negotiated with their Karnataka counterparts and got water released, he said.
However, the approach of the present chief minister was not that fruitful, due to which farmers of the State were suffering for the last few months, he told reporters here.
The only solution to the crisis was to handing over the KRS dam to the military and get water released, Vijayakant, who appeared before the District Sessions court, in connection with a defamation case filed by the State government, said.
Both the states (Karnataka and Tamil Nadu) were playing double games with regard to Cauvery issue, he said.
Stating that the Government had filed nine cases against him, he said he was ready to face any number of cases in all the 32 districts and fight legally.
He said the opposition parties in Tamil Nadu were seen as enemies by the ruling party and government, which should change.
Vijayakant said the Chief Minister has not given him audience to discuss various problems being faced by people, though he had sought an appointment a month ago.
On alliance for the coming Lok Sabha polls, Vijayakant said the issue would be discussed at the time of elections.
His party was confident of winning on its own from all the 40 Lok Sabha seats in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth