TCS employee sexually assaulted, murdered: Tamil Nadu Police
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: In a sensational disclosure, two persons arrested by the Tamil Nadu police on Tuesday in connection with the murder of a Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) woman employee have confessed of sexually assaulting the victim, who went missing last week and was later found dead in Kanchipuram area, before stabbing her to death.
Police was investigating the suspected murder of Uma Maheswari as the post-mortem report revealed a deep wound.
Maheshwari, 24, was reported missing since February 13 evening after she left office at IT Park at Siruseri, 20 km from Chennai. A body, later found in a bush by passers-by, was identified as hers.
As per an English news channel, the state police today issued a press release, which says that the arrested persons have been identified as Ram Mandal and Utham Mandal.
“The accused have confessed that they sexually assaulted the victim and took away fer mobile phone and credit card,” the press release said further.
The accused will be now be reportedly produced before the court tomorrow.
Investigation in the case was on Sunday transferred to the Tamil Nadu Police Crime Branch-CID (CB-CID) after Kelambakkam Police Station Inspector Subbaiah was suspended for dereliction of duty. The officer reportedly did not file complaint or follow- up on the missing person`s case and failed to provide adequate security within the SIPCOT IT Park .
According to the company, she was employed in the accounts section for the past one year and was liked by her colleagues. Uma`s decomposed body was traced after passers-by alerted the police after getting a strong smell emanating from behind a bush in a desolate place near the office complex.
The office CCTV footage showed that Uma left alone half an hour early before her shift ends.
Earlier, the Kanchipuram district police had registered a case of suspicious death and were investigating the matter. The police said they did not rule out rape.
Uma went missing after she left the office at IT Park at Siruseri, 20 km from Chennai. Police then recovered the body and summoned Uma`s colleagues and father to identify the body since a missing person complaint was filed by the TCS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people