Teenaged girl raped, murdered in Tamil Nadu
Tuticorin: A 13-year old girl was allegedly raped and murdered and her body found dumped in a bush near a railway level crossing in the district on Friday, police said.
The class VII student, hailing from Thathankulam near here, used to go to the private school near Nazareth by local train and was reported missing yesterday after she did not return home.
Her body was found in a bush near the railway level crossing at Syedunganallur, about 30 km from here, this morning, police said adding she had been raped before being murdered.
Police said investigations were on to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video