Three boats damaged in Lankan navy firing
Rameswaram: Sri Lankan Naval personnel allegedly opened fire twice at Indian fishermen in the Palk Strait, damaging three boats.
Two boats were damaged in the firing yesterday near Athuvai, while one boat was hit today near Katchatheevu, officials said quoting the information received by them.
There were, however, no reports of any casualty.
The Lankan naval personnel also damaged the fishing nets of some boats, fishermen complained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video