Three boats damaged in Lankan navy firing
Rameswaram: Sri Lankan Naval personnel allegedly opened fire twice at Indian fishermen in the Palk Strait, damaging three boats.
Two boats were damaged in the firing yesterday near Athuvai, while one boat was hit today near Katchatheevu, officials said quoting the information received by them.
There were, however, no reports of any casualty.
The Lankan naval personnel also damaged the fishing nets of some boats, fishermen complained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?