Three boats damaged in Lankan navy firing
Rameswaram: Sri Lankan Naval personnel allegedly opened fire twice at Indian fishermen in the Palk Strait, damaging three boats.
Two boats were damaged in the firing yesterday near Athuvai, while one boat was hit today near Katchatheevu, officials said quoting the information received by them.
There were, however, no reports of any casualty.
The Lankan naval personnel also damaged the fishing nets of some boats, fishermen complained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'