Three more PMK activists booked under NSA
Salem: Three PMK activists, arrested in connection with violence targeting buses last month over the detention of their party supremo S Ramadoss, were on Thursday booked under the National Security Act.
41-year old Arivoli of Edapadi, Venkatesan (31) and Murugesan (38) of Vazhapadi in the district have been booked under the NSA, police said.
Arivoli was arrested for hurling a petrol bomb on a bus while the other two were detained for pelting stones on a bus leading to the death death of a passenger.
They have been remanded in judicial custody and lodged in the Central Prison where the orders booking them under the NSA were served on them, police said.
A large number of PMK workers have been detained under the stringent Goondas Act and NSA in connection with the violence that rocked several districts of the state for nearly a month following the arrest of Ramadoss for attempting to stage a protest in Villupuram violting ban orders. He was later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list