Three more PMK activists booked under NSA
Salem: Three PMK activists, arrested in connection with violence targeting buses last month over the detention of their party supremo S Ramadoss, were on Thursday booked under the National Security Act.
41-year old Arivoli of Edapadi, Venkatesan (31) and Murugesan (38) of Vazhapadi in the district have been booked under the NSA, police said.
Arivoli was arrested for hurling a petrol bomb on a bus while the other two were detained for pelting stones on a bus leading to the death death of a passenger.
They have been remanded in judicial custody and lodged in the Central Prison where the orders booking them under the NSA were served on them, police said.
A large number of PMK workers have been detained under the stringent Goondas Act and NSA in connection with the violence that rocked several districts of the state for nearly a month following the arrest of Ramadoss for attempting to stage a protest in Villupuram violting ban orders. He was later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone
- Rocky, the Orangutan, mimics human sounds – Watch it to believe it
- Turkey continues crackdown, shuts dozens of media outlets
- Apple to rely on apps and services after disappointing sales