Three more PMK activists booked under NSA
Salem: Three PMK activists, arrested in connection with violence targeting buses last month over the detention of their party supremo S Ramadoss, were on Thursday booked under the National Security Act.
41-year old Arivoli of Edapadi, Venkatesan (31) and Murugesan (38) of Vazhapadi in the district have been booked under the NSA, police said.
Arivoli was arrested for hurling a petrol bomb on a bus while the other two were detained for pelting stones on a bus leading to the death death of a passenger.
They have been remanded in judicial custody and lodged in the Central Prison where the orders booking them under the NSA were served on them, police said.
A large number of PMK workers have been detained under the stringent Goondas Act and NSA in connection with the violence that rocked several districts of the state for nearly a month following the arrest of Ramadoss for attempting to stage a protest in Villupuram violting ban orders. He was later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch