TN: Anti-KNPP activist asked to surrender passport
Madurai: The regional passport office here has
issued a notice to SP Udayakumar, convener of a movement spearheading the stir against Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant,
asking him to surrender his passport within 15 days.
The letter from the Madurai (south) region passport office
asked him to surrender his pasport within that period as 98 criminal cases are pending against him and that if he failed to so within that period, the document would be impounded.
Talking to reporters, Udayakumar, convener of People`s
Movement Against Nuclear Energy alleged that officials are
selective in impounding passports.
However, the office refuted the charge, pointing out that passports of even politicians had been impounded.
He said he had sent a legal notice to the officer
concerned and that he was entitled to have a passport for
identification and he would not surrender it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer