TN: Anti-KNPP activist asked to surrender passport
Madurai: The regional passport office here has
issued a notice to SP Udayakumar, convener of a movement spearheading the stir against Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant,
asking him to surrender his passport within 15 days.
The letter from the Madurai (south) region passport office
asked him to surrender his pasport within that period as 98 criminal cases are pending against him and that if he failed to so within that period, the document would be impounded.
Talking to reporters, Udayakumar, convener of People`s
Movement Against Nuclear Energy alleged that officials are
selective in impounding passports.
However, the office refuted the charge, pointing out that passports of even politicians had been impounded.
He said he had sent a legal notice to the officer
concerned and that he was entitled to have a passport for
identification and he would not surrender it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'