TN Dalit deaths: Paswan seeks probe by HC judge
New Delhi: The Lok Janshakti Party (LJP)
headed by Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday demanded an inquiry through a
sitting high court judge into the alleged police "brutality"
on Dalits in Tamil Nadu`s Ramnathpuram where six people lost
their lives in firing by cops.
Paswan, who met Home Minister P Chidambaram, also
demanded that all "guilty" policemen should be placed under
suspension immediately and booked for murder. He also demanded
a compensation of Rs 20 lakh to the kin of each of the
"The gruesome act has caused anger among the Dalits not
only in Tamil Nadu but across the country," he told reporters.
The LJP leader said the Home Minister gave a patient
hearing and assured them that necessary action will be taken
in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj