TN Dalit deaths: Paswan seeks probe by HC judge
New Delhi: The Lok Janshakti Party (LJP)
headed by Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday demanded an inquiry through a
sitting high court judge into the alleged police "brutality"
on Dalits in Tamil Nadu`s Ramnathpuram where six people lost
their lives in firing by cops.
Paswan, who met Home Minister P Chidambaram, also
demanded that all "guilty" policemen should be placed under
suspension immediately and booked for murder. He also demanded
a compensation of Rs 20 lakh to the kin of each of the
"The gruesome act has caused anger among the Dalits not
only in Tamil Nadu but across the country," he told reporters.
The LJP leader said the Home Minister gave a patient
hearing and assured them that necessary action will be taken
in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself