TN Dalit deaths: Paswan seeks probe by HC judge
New Delhi: The Lok Janshakti Party (LJP)
headed by Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday demanded an inquiry through a
sitting high court judge into the alleged police "brutality"
on Dalits in Tamil Nadu`s Ramnathpuram where six people lost
their lives in firing by cops.
Paswan, who met Home Minister P Chidambaram, also
demanded that all "guilty" policemen should be placed under
suspension immediately and booked for murder. He also demanded
a compensation of Rs 20 lakh to the kin of each of the
"The gruesome act has caused anger among the Dalits not
only in Tamil Nadu but across the country," he told reporters.
The LJP leader said the Home Minister gave a patient
hearing and assured them that necessary action will be taken
in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read