Two dead, 16 injured in mishap in Tamil Nadu
Salem (TN): Two persons were killed and 16, including 15 NLC football players, injured when two buses collided near here on Saturday, police said.
The driver and assistant driver of the public sector Neyveli Lignite Corporation bus died in the mishap, Salem Superintendent of Police Aswin Kotnis said.
The NLC players were proceeding to Udhagamandalam (Ooty) to play a football match today while the government bus was on its way from Mettupalayam to Chennai.
The injured have been admitted to various hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'