Woman arrested for abducting infant from hospital
Namakkal: A woman was arrested Wednesday in connection with the abduction of a three-day-old girl from the Government General Hospital here, police said.
Police said CCTV camera footage facilitated in identifying her and they zeored in on her at her house here and rescued the baby.
The 25-year-old woman, a native of Namakkal, was married and had suffered three miscarriages. She decided to abduct the child as her mother-in-law used to frequently quarrel with her over her failure to deliver a child, police said.
The woman had taken the baby girl away last evening telling her grandmother that the doctor wanted to examine her and give a present.
But then the woman never returned following which the family, hailing from neighbouring Tiruchirappalli district, lodged a complaint.
The baby was delivered by caesarian section on July 8.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory