Woman arrested for abducting infant from hospital
Namakkal: A woman was arrested Wednesday in connection with the abduction of a three-day-old girl from the Government General Hospital here, police said.
Police said CCTV camera footage facilitated in identifying her and they zeored in on her at her house here and rescued the baby.
The 25-year-old woman, a native of Namakkal, was married and had suffered three miscarriages. She decided to abduct the child as her mother-in-law used to frequently quarrel with her over her failure to deliver a child, police said.
The woman had taken the baby girl away last evening telling her grandmother that the doctor wanted to examine her and give a present.
But then the woman never returned following which the family, hailing from neighbouring Tiruchirappalli district, lodged a complaint.
The baby was delivered by caesarian section on July 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report