Woman who posed as `District Collector` of Chennai arrested
Salem (TN): A woman who posed as the `District Collector` of Chennai and conned people over a period of time has been arrested at Edapadi town, police said on Saturday.
They said the matter came to light when the 26-year-old woman went to a hospital there yesterday, to `question` some persons.
At the hospital, she displayed her fake identity card, which bore a forged state government emblem, and said she wanted to question four people injured in clashes between neighbours over a right to a pathway, police said, adding, she also reportedly threatened some doctors.
However hospital staff grew suspicious over her behaviour and informed police, who later rushed to the spot and questioned her.
She then confessed that she had been posing as a fake collector for some time and had cheated a number of people.
The woman was arrested and a case has been lodged against her under various sections of the Indian Penal Code.
Police said her husband was running a browsing centre in the town and had defaulted in repaying bank loans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH