Toll in Medak bus-train collision climbs to 18
Hyderabad: The toll in the school bus-train collision at an unmanned railway crossing in Telangana`s Medak district Tuesday rose to 18 after a 11-year-old girl succumbed to her injuries at a private hospital here, even as the condition of four other students remained critical.
Vaishnavi, who was in "very very critical condition" after receiving injuries in the mishap, was declared dead at 5.28 AM, a release from Yashoda Hospitals said.
Vaishnavi was a resident of Islampur of Toopran mandal of Medak district.
Out of the 20 students admitted to the hospital at Secunderabad here, the condition of four students continues to remain serious and they are in the critical ward and under close observation while seven other students (including three girls) are in stable condition.
Seven other students were discharged yesterday.
Sixteen persons comprising 14 school children, driver and the cleaner of the private school bus were killed and 20 students were injured when a passenger train hit their bus at an unmanned railway crossing in Masaipet village on July 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report