Toll in Medak bus-train collision climbs to 18
Hyderabad: The toll in the school bus-train collision at an unmanned railway crossing in Telangana`s Medak district Tuesday rose to 18 after a 11-year-old girl succumbed to her injuries at a private hospital here, even as the condition of four other students remained critical.
Vaishnavi, who was in "very very critical condition" after receiving injuries in the mishap, was declared dead at 5.28 AM, a release from Yashoda Hospitals said.
Vaishnavi was a resident of Islampur of Toopran mandal of Medak district.
Out of the 20 students admitted to the hospital at Secunderabad here, the condition of four students continues to remain serious and they are in the critical ward and under close observation while seven other students (including three girls) are in stable condition.
Seven other students were discharged yesterday.
Sixteen persons comprising 14 school children, driver and the cleaner of the private school bus were killed and 20 students were injured when a passenger train hit their bus at an unmanned railway crossing in Masaipet village on July 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack