13 persons booked for burning effigies of Sonia, PM
Sambhal: An FIR has been registered against 13 persons for allegedly burning effigy of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi protesting the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
The FIR was registered at Sambhal police station last night under section 188 IPC (Disobedience to order) and 124 (sedition) against one Inamur Rehman and 12 other unnamed persons, police said.
The police have launched a manhunt to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP