13 persons booked for burning effigies of Sonia, PM
Sambhal: An FIR has been registered against 13 persons for allegedly burning effigy of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi protesting the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
The FIR was registered at Sambhal police station last night under section 188 IPC (Disobedience to order) and 124 (sedition) against one Inamur Rehman and 12 other unnamed persons, police said.
The police have launched a manhunt to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price