13 persons booked for burning effigies of Sonia, PM
Sambhal: An FIR has been registered against 13 persons for allegedly burning effigy of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi protesting the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
The FIR was registered at Sambhal police station last night under section 188 IPC (Disobedience to order) and 124 (sedition) against one Inamur Rehman and 12 other unnamed persons, police said.
The police have launched a manhunt to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!