13 persons booked for burning effigies of Sonia, PM
Sambhal: An FIR has been registered against 13 persons for allegedly burning effigy of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi protesting the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
The FIR was registered at Sambhal police station last night under section 188 IPC (Disobedience to order) and 124 (sedition) against one Inamur Rehman and 12 other unnamed persons, police said.
The police have launched a manhunt to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'