4 pilgrims killed, 61 injured in road accident
Barabanki: Four pilgrims were killed and 61 others injured when a tractor-trolley in which they were travelling overturned here, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place at Ramnagar area late last night when the pilgrims, hailing from Sitapur, were returning after attending `naag devta (snake God)` mela in Satrikh area.
Four children, aged between 10 and 16, died on the spot, police said.
Of the 61 injured, four were rushed to Lucknow Trauma centre, while the others were admitted to the district hospital.
In another accident, eight people were injured when a private bus, on way to Mumbai from Siddhartnagar, overturned at Asandra area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India