4 pilgrims killed, 61 injured in road accident
Barabanki: Four pilgrims were killed and 61 others injured when a tractor-trolley in which they were travelling overturned here, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place at Ramnagar area late last night when the pilgrims, hailing from Sitapur, were returning after attending `naag devta (snake God)` mela in Satrikh area.
Four children, aged between 10 and 16, died on the spot, police said.
Of the 61 injured, four were rushed to Lucknow Trauma centre, while the others were admitted to the district hospital.
In another accident, eight people were injured when a private bus, on way to Mumbai from Siddhartnagar, overturned at Asandra area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what