4 pilgrims killed, 61 injured in road accident
Barabanki: Four pilgrims were killed and 61 others injured when a tractor-trolley in which they were travelling overturned here, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place at Ramnagar area late last night when the pilgrims, hailing from Sitapur, were returning after attending `naag devta (snake God)` mela in Satrikh area.
Four children, aged between 10 and 16, died on the spot, police said.
Of the 61 injured, four were rushed to Lucknow Trauma centre, while the others were admitted to the district hospital.
In another accident, eight people were injured when a private bus, on way to Mumbai from Siddhartnagar, overturned at Asandra area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn
- Ten dead, many injured in Istanbul airport suicide attack
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout