4 pilgrims killed, 61 injured in road accident
Barabanki: Four pilgrims were killed and 61 others injured when a tractor-trolley in which they were travelling overturned here, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place at Ramnagar area late last night when the pilgrims, hailing from Sitapur, were returning after attending `naag devta (snake God)` mela in Satrikh area.
Four children, aged between 10 and 16, died on the spot, police said.
Of the 61 injured, four were rushed to Lucknow Trauma centre, while the others were admitted to the district hospital.
In another accident, eight people were injured when a private bus, on way to Mumbai from Siddhartnagar, overturned at Asandra area, police said.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS
- Vital facts about Kangana Ranaut's leaked image suppressed: Hrithik Roshan's camp
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS