6-yr old girl raped, body found in garbage
Aligarh: A six-year-old girl was allegedly raped before being murdered and her body dumped in garbage on Thursday triggering protests by locals who pelted stones at police and blocked traffic for hours.
The body of the minor girl, who went missing this morning was recovered in a garbage dump in Nagla Kalar area here, police said.
The victim`s family has alleged that she was strangled to death after being sexually assaulted, they said.
Hundreds of protesters gathered at Banna devi police station here and pelted stones following which police resorted to lathicharge to disperse the crowd, they said.
Alleging police inaction the crowd also blocked traffic for several hours on the main Aligarh-Delhi Grand Trunk road, they said.
When asked about reports of police firing in the air to disperse the mob, DIG Aligarh division Prakash D told a news agency that these reports were not true.
He said that there were no serious injuries to any one during the brick batting and subsequent lathicharge by the police.
The allegation of rape would only be confirmed after a post mortem is conducted, Prakash said, adding that the matter is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video