6-yr old girl raped, body found in garbage
Aligarh: A six-year-old girl was allegedly raped before being murdered and her body dumped in garbage on Thursday triggering protests by locals who pelted stones at police and blocked traffic for hours.
The body of the minor girl, who went missing this morning was recovered in a garbage dump in Nagla Kalar area here, police said.
The victim`s family has alleged that she was strangled to death after being sexually assaulted, they said.
Hundreds of protesters gathered at Banna devi police station here and pelted stones following which police resorted to lathicharge to disperse the crowd, they said.
Alleging police inaction the crowd also blocked traffic for several hours on the main Aligarh-Delhi Grand Trunk road, they said.
When asked about reports of police firing in the air to disperse the mob, DIG Aligarh division Prakash D told a news agency that these reports were not true.
He said that there were no serious injuries to any one during the brick batting and subsequent lathicharge by the police.
The allegation of rape would only be confirmed after a post mortem is conducted, Prakash said, adding that the matter is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing