6-yr old girl raped, body found in garbage
Aligarh: A six-year-old girl was allegedly raped before being murdered and her body dumped in garbage on Thursday triggering protests by locals who pelted stones at police and blocked traffic for hours.
The body of the minor girl, who went missing this morning was recovered in a garbage dump in Nagla Kalar area here, police said.
The victim`s family has alleged that she was strangled to death after being sexually assaulted, they said.
Hundreds of protesters gathered at Banna devi police station here and pelted stones following which police resorted to lathicharge to disperse the crowd, they said.
Alleging police inaction the crowd also blocked traffic for several hours on the main Aligarh-Delhi Grand Trunk road, they said.
When asked about reports of police firing in the air to disperse the mob, DIG Aligarh division Prakash D told a news agency that these reports were not true.
He said that there were no serious injuries to any one during the brick batting and subsequent lathicharge by the police.
The allegation of rape would only be confirmed after a post mortem is conducted, Prakash said, adding that the matter is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you