6-yr old girl raped, body found in garbage
Aligarh: A six-year-old girl was allegedly raped before being murdered and her body dumped in garbage on Thursday triggering protests by locals who pelted stones at police and blocked traffic for hours.
The body of the minor girl, who went missing this morning was recovered in a garbage dump in Nagla Kalar area here, police said.
The victim`s family has alleged that she was strangled to death after being sexually assaulted, they said.
Hundreds of protesters gathered at Banna devi police station here and pelted stones following which police resorted to lathicharge to disperse the crowd, they said.
Alleging police inaction the crowd also blocked traffic for several hours on the main Aligarh-Delhi Grand Trunk road, they said.
When asked about reports of police firing in the air to disperse the mob, DIG Aligarh division Prakash D told a news agency that these reports were not true.
He said that there were no serious injuries to any one during the brick batting and subsequent lathicharge by the police.
The allegation of rape would only be confirmed after a post mortem is conducted, Prakash said, adding that the matter is being probed.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!