Akhilesh approves ``e-pension`` scheme
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday approved the implementation of the `UP e-pension system` for the benefit of lakhs of pensioners in the state.
A state government spokesman said under the system, filling up of pension forms, checking, verification and payment will be done based on an online system.
The mechanism - `UP e-pension system` - has been developed with the help of the National Informatics Centre.
The spokesman said under the new system, no changes would be made in the rules of pension approval and only filling up of forms and online disposal of `Pension Pradhikar Patra` will be done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed