Akhilesh govt to probe charges against cane council head
Azamgarh: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said an inquiry would be conducted into charges of alleged complicity with animal smugglers against newly appointed vice-chairman of a government body.
Akhilesh, who was here to attend a marriage function, said his government would get an inquiry conducted into allegations against Ganna Anusandhan Parishad (sugarcane research council) vice chairman KC Pandey.
He said the sting operation against Pandey, who is also a member of SP Parliamentary board, was done during previous Mayawati regime.
The chief minister said his government would take suitable action after the probe.
A case is lodged against Pandey in Gonda for assisting animal smugglers.
Additional Director General of Police Arun Kumar yesterday said one Ashutosh Pandey had contacted Gonda SP Navneet Rana last year and offered bribe for allowing animal smuggling.
After this a sting operation was carried out, he said. During the "deal", an SP leader claiming to be KC Pandey, also called Rana and tried to mediate. Police had lodged an FIR against KC Pandey in this connection.
SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary yesterday said this was a serious matter and the CM was being apprised of it, adding, if allegations were found true, action would be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister