Akhilesh govt to probe charges against cane council head
Azamgarh: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said an inquiry would be conducted into charges of alleged complicity with animal smugglers against newly appointed vice-chairman of a government body.
Akhilesh, who was here to attend a marriage function, said his government would get an inquiry conducted into allegations against Ganna Anusandhan Parishad (sugarcane research council) vice chairman KC Pandey.
He said the sting operation against Pandey, who is also a member of SP Parliamentary board, was done during previous Mayawati regime.
The chief minister said his government would take suitable action after the probe.
A case is lodged against Pandey in Gonda for assisting animal smugglers.
Additional Director General of Police Arun Kumar yesterday said one Ashutosh Pandey had contacted Gonda SP Navneet Rana last year and offered bribe for allowing animal smuggling.
After this a sting operation was carried out, he said. During the "deal", an SP leader claiming to be KC Pandey, also called Rana and tried to mediate. Police had lodged an FIR against KC Pandey in this connection.
SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary yesterday said this was a serious matter and the CM was being apprised of it, adding, if allegations were found true, action would be taken.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India