Akhilesh govt to probe charges against cane council head
Azamgarh: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said an inquiry would be conducted into charges of alleged complicity with animal smugglers against newly appointed vice-chairman of a government body.
Akhilesh, who was here to attend a marriage function, said his government would get an inquiry conducted into allegations against Ganna Anusandhan Parishad (sugarcane research council) vice chairman KC Pandey.
He said the sting operation against Pandey, who is also a member of SP Parliamentary board, was done during previous Mayawati regime.
The chief minister said his government would take suitable action after the probe.
A case is lodged against Pandey in Gonda for assisting animal smugglers.
Additional Director General of Police Arun Kumar yesterday said one Ashutosh Pandey had contacted Gonda SP Navneet Rana last year and offered bribe for allowing animal smuggling.
After this a sting operation was carried out, he said. During the "deal", an SP leader claiming to be KC Pandey, also called Rana and tried to mediate. Police had lodged an FIR against KC Pandey in this connection.
SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary yesterday said this was a serious matter and the CM was being apprised of it, adding, if allegations were found true, action would be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe