Akhilesh offers help for Delhi rape victim
Lucknow: Expressing deep anguish over the alleged rape of a girl in a moving bus in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday offered financial help for the treatment of the victim and her male friend.
The Chief Minister also announced to provide employment to the victim and her friend, an official spokesperson said.
Terming the incident as "most unfortunate" in a civilised society, Akhilesh called for stern punishment for the accused.
The 23-year-old para-medical student was allegedly raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus by four men, who also attacked her male friend and threw both of them out of the vehicle.
The girl, who hails from Uttar Pradesh, is battling for life at Delhi`s Safdarjung Hospital and is on ventilator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS