Akhilesh offers help for Delhi rape victim
Lucknow: Expressing deep anguish over the alleged rape of a girl in a moving bus in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday offered financial help for the treatment of the victim and her male friend.
The Chief Minister also announced to provide employment to the victim and her friend, an official spokesperson said.
Terming the incident as "most unfortunate" in a civilised society, Akhilesh called for stern punishment for the accused.
The 23-year-old para-medical student was allegedly raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus by four men, who also attacked her male friend and threw both of them out of the vehicle.
The girl, who hails from Uttar Pradesh, is battling for life at Delhi`s Safdarjung Hospital and is on ventilator.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!