Allahabad Railway Station stampede: Toll rises to 37
Allahabad: A 65-year-old Kumbh pilgrim who was seriously injured in the stampede at the railway station here, succumbed to injuries after battling for his life close to a week, taking the toll in the tragedy to 37.
Chandrashekhar Pandey, who hailed from Satna in Madhya Pradesh, breathed his last at the Swarup Rani Nehru Hospital in the city late last night, hospital sources said.
Pandey had been admitted as an unidentified patient to the hospital on February 10 with grievous head injuries barely few hours after the stampede, they said.
His identity was established a few days ago when his wife visited the hospital looking for him, they said.
The deceased had been grievously injured when he was on his way home after attending the Kumbh Mela for a holy dip on `Mauni Amavasya`, they said.
Besides, eight lives have been claimed in various fire-related incidents at the Kumbh Mela.
A sadhu was charred to death in a fire yesterday.
Seven persons among the 19 injured in a fire that broke out on January 25 have so far succumbed to their injuries.
Five persons died while undergoing treatment reportedly at the Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi, while two have succumbed at the Swarup Rani Nehru Hospital, the Kumbh administration said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read