Allahabad Railway Station stampede: Toll rises to 37
Allahabad: A 65-year-old Kumbh pilgrim who was seriously injured in the stampede at the railway station here, succumbed to injuries after battling for his life close to a week, taking the toll in the tragedy to 37.
Chandrashekhar Pandey, who hailed from Satna in Madhya Pradesh, breathed his last at the Swarup Rani Nehru Hospital in the city late last night, hospital sources said.
Pandey had been admitted as an unidentified patient to the hospital on February 10 with grievous head injuries barely few hours after the stampede, they said.
His identity was established a few days ago when his wife visited the hospital looking for him, they said.
The deceased had been grievously injured when he was on his way home after attending the Kumbh Mela for a holy dip on `Mauni Amavasya`, they said.
Besides, eight lives have been claimed in various fire-related incidents at the Kumbh Mela.
A sadhu was charred to death in a fire yesterday.
Seven persons among the 19 injured in a fire that broke out on January 25 have so far succumbed to their injuries.
Five persons died while undergoing treatment reportedly at the Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi, while two have succumbed at the Swarup Rani Nehru Hospital, the Kumbh administration said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi