Ambedkar statue desecrated in UP
Bhadohi (UP): A statue of Dr BR Ambedkar was found desecrated in Gyanpur in the district on Tuesday morning, leading to tension in the area, police said.
BSP supporters gathered near the five feet desecrated statue and started raising slogans, police said.
Senior officials of police and administration rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control, they said.
An FIR has been registered against unidentified persons, SP Ashok Kumar Shukla said, adding, a new statue would be installed at the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement