AMU students` union leader booked
Aligarh: A case of breach of law and order and indulging in unruly behaviour has been registered against the Aligarh Muslim University Students’ Union president, police said here on Monday.
An FIR has been registered at the Banna Devi police station against students` body president Shahzad Alam and 150 others in connection with the incidents on February 14 at the Aligarh Agricultural and Trade Fair Grounds.
According to the complaint, Alam and his associates tried to disturb the proceedings during a Mushaira programme at the annual trade fair and also attempted to force their way on to the stage, police said.
Alam denied the charges saying commotion had already begun at the venue when he arrived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad