AMU students` union leader booked
Aligarh: A case of breach of law and order and indulging in unruly behaviour has been registered against the Aligarh Muslim University Students’ Union president, police said here on Monday.
An FIR has been registered at the Banna Devi police station against students` body president Shahzad Alam and 150 others in connection with the incidents on February 14 at the Aligarh Agricultural and Trade Fair Grounds.
According to the complaint, Alam and his associates tried to disturb the proceedings during a Mushaira programme at the annual trade fair and also attempted to force their way on to the stage, police said.
Alam denied the charges saying commotion had already begun at the venue when he arrived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why