AMU students` union leader booked
Aligarh: A case of breach of law and order and indulging in unruly behaviour has been registered against the Aligarh Muslim University Students’ Union president, police said here on Monday.
An FIR has been registered at the Banna Devi police station against students` body president Shahzad Alam and 150 others in connection with the incidents on February 14 at the Aligarh Agricultural and Trade Fair Grounds.
According to the complaint, Alam and his associates tried to disturb the proceedings during a Mushaira programme at the annual trade fair and also attempted to force their way on to the stage, police said.
Alam denied the charges saying commotion had already begun at the venue when he arrived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok