AMU students` union leader booked
Aligarh: A case of breach of law and order and indulging in unruly behaviour has been registered against the Aligarh Muslim University Students’ Union president, police said here on Monday.
An FIR has been registered at the Banna Devi police station against students` body president Shahzad Alam and 150 others in connection with the incidents on February 14 at the Aligarh Agricultural and Trade Fair Grounds.
According to the complaint, Alam and his associates tried to disturb the proceedings during a Mushaira programme at the annual trade fair and also attempted to force their way on to the stage, police said.
Alam denied the charges saying commotion had already begun at the venue when he arrived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday