AMU students` union leader booked
Aligarh: A case of breach of law and order and indulging in unruly behaviour has been registered against the Aligarh Muslim University Students’ Union president, police said here on Monday.
An FIR has been registered at the Banna Devi police station against students` body president Shahzad Alam and 150 others in connection with the incidents on February 14 at the Aligarh Agricultural and Trade Fair Grounds.
According to the complaint, Alam and his associates tried to disturb the proceedings during a Mushaira programme at the annual trade fair and also attempted to force their way on to the stage, police said.
Alam denied the charges saying commotion had already begun at the venue when he arrived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31